ConversionControl gives you the opportunity to send automated email from your agents when they are assigned to a new task: to make sure this works correctly, you first need to connect your SMTP provider to your ConversionControl account.
If you don’t already have a SMTP provider, we advise you to create a free one from Sendgrid: https://signup.sendgrid.com/
WARNING: the following procedure has been written using Sendgrid. It is possible for other SMTP Providers to have different informations. If you are not sure about the settings, we advise you to contact your SMTP Provider support.
1. General SMTP Settings
1. From the left menu, click “Settings” and then “SMTP Settings”
2. Fill the fields below with your Provider SMTP infos
- Sender’s Email Address e Mail Name of the Sender: these are the name and email customers will receive when an automated email is sent from ConversionControl (they are overwritten by single agents name and email)
- Prefix in the object field: this is an optional field. Adding something to this field will result in a Prefix being shown before all your emails subject.
- Host name of your SMTP provider: This information is relative to your SMTP Provider. For Sendgrid, just write SMTP.SENDGRID.COM
- Protocol of your SMTP provider: This information is relative to your SMTP Provider. For Sendgrid, just write ssl://
- Port of your SMTP provider: the port used by your SMTP Provider. For Sendgrid, use 465
- Username e Password of your SMTP provider: the username and password you use to access your Sendgrid account.
3. Test the connection
To ensure the connection has been made succesfully, put your email in the “Recipient” field under the Send Test section, click on “Send Test” and then on the “Save” button.
You should receive a notification in a couple of minutes. The next step is to set up all your agents.
2. Agent SMTP Settings
If you want an automated email from a task to be received with your agent name and email, go to CRM>Agents, select the agent you want to edit and then click on “SMTP Settings“.
If you want to use this feature, it is MANDATORY to fill in ALL the fields with the SAME EXACT informations you put in the general SMTP panel, except the Sender’s Email Address e Mail Name of the Sender, which are to be compiled with the agent’s informations.
Now that your SMTP Provider is connected to ConversionControl, you can watch this video here to learn how to setup an automated email: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkEGzXqCBs&feature=emb_title